- 60+ Credit Hours
- 9 Credit Hours of Practicum
- 06 Semesters Over 2 Years
Student Support Services
- Student advising and counselling
- Course wise consultation hours
- TA support
- Hands on practice in labs and fields
- Career development training
- Workshops and seminars
Extra Curricular Activities
- Physical and recreational facilities
- Indoor and outdoor sports.
- Students Society .
- Students engagement in various festivals and competitions.
Counseling & Guidance
- The facilities of counseling and guidance are available to students under the leadership of qualified Clinical psychologist.
- This service is provided under the Counseling and Guidance Centre of IUBAT.
Alumni and Placement Services
- Alumni and graduates assistance regarding career planning and employment.
- Assistance in placement to students in their final semester for practicum work in real life organizations
- Assistance in placement to graduate students in securing career employment.
- Provide multidisciplinary professional consultancy to various categories of clients including public and private sectors.
- Provide multidisciplinary and market oriented professional training to individual and professional groups of various organizations.
- Conduct basic and applied research on physical , biological, environmental and agricultural sciences.
- Invent and promote appropriate technology in agriculture, energy, engineering and various other disciplines.
The mission of the MBA program is to produce up-to-date, assertive and effective executives as well as researchers for business and other organizations through good teaching, training and guidance.
The objectives of the MBA program are to develop the student’s
- technical and functional skill in such areas as accounting, finance, marketing, management, production-operations, human resource, etc.
- analytical-decision making skill so that s/he can identify and diagnose problems, formulate alternative solutions and make a decision
- ability to successfully communicate and interact with diverse individuals, to promote the ability to provide leadership and to function as an entity in a competitive atmosphere, and
- inclination to innovate appropriate indigenous system and practice of management effective in the socio-economic and cultural context of a developing country, particularly Bangladesh.
Duration of Study
The minimum requirement for MBA degree is completion of 60+ credit hours plus such courses as recommended by the college after reviewing individual background. A semester is of 16 weeks duration, there are three semesters in a year and duration of the program is two years.
The College of Business Administration provides well equipped computer lab to the students of MBA program. The lab is used for tutorial classes for the students who are doing major in Management Information System, Production Operation and Finance and Banking. Students can also use the lab to prepare their projects and assignments. The WIFI facility also provides access to study materials for all. We encourage our students to utilize the lab as much as they can, especially while working individually or in a group.
Career & Placement Services
The Placement Office of the university provides the students and graduates assistance regarding career planning and employment. This basically takes two forms viz. assistance in placement to students in their final semester for practicum work in real life organizations and assistance in placement to graduate students in securing career employment. Student placement takes the form of providing assistance to students in short listed organizations that may be available for practicum work, providing support for placement of practicum and then ensuring smooth attachment of the student in the organization for successful completion of the practicum work. Students of MBA are provided with placement in different banks, corporate offices and factories of different business organizations.
Assistance in career placement takes various forms of services ranging from on campus interviewing with the employers to resume referral to employers seeking graduates for employment. Most services are available for current students, but seniors or graduates can also register with this office prior to their graduation for assistance in career placement. Chief Executive Officers and Human Resource Managers of different business organizations visit IUBAT to take job interviews and recruit employees. Thus, we provide on spot recruitment facility for the MBA students. The university offers a course on career planning and guidance in which the students are trained in resume writing and critiquing, job search techniques and interviewing skills. This course prepares the student to plan and approach career exploration. Besides, the placement office provides individualized counseling on a limited basis on preparing job applications.